The very first thing you need to know about selling a home in Scottsdale, Arizona is that you’ve got some of the most sought after real estate in the country. Scottsdale pairs the charm and history of the wild west with the amenities and lifestyle of a thriving metropolis.
With its arid climate, stunning landscape, and friendly atmosphere, the entire city of Scottsdale feels like one, big mountain resort and spa. In fact, Livability chose Scottsdale as one of its Top 10 Best Places To Retire in 2015. We agree. Once you’ve experienced life in Scottsdale, it’s unlikely you’ll want to live.
Making the Decision to Sell Your Home
If you’ve read the introduction and still want to sell your Scottsdale home, you probably fall into one of the following categories:
- Owning the home is no longer practical due to a life changing event, such as change in employment, divorce, or death in the family.
- You are moving to another home within the city.
- You hate living in a beautiful community full of wonderful people. Who needs happiness?
- Size – Compare the square footage of your home and land to recently sold homes in the Scottsdale area.
- Appearance – Nobody wants an ugly house. It’s just as simple as that.
- Neighborhood – The exact same house built in two different neighborhoods can sell for two hugely differing prices. Buyers will spend more on a home in a safe, clean neighborhood with great schools.
- Timing – Typically in our area and throughout the United States, Spring is the best time to put your home on the market. You can likely ask a little bit more for your home as the demand rises.
- Trends – Right now, home prices are on the rise all over Arizona and the US. We all know that this can change just as it has in the past. Stay abreast of housing market trends in order pick the price for your home.
We recommend that you evaluate your reasons for selling your home and ensure that it really is the best move for you. Even if you seek the expert assistance of a Scottsdale realtor, the entire process of selling and moving can be time-consuming and costly.
Preparing Your Finances
You’ve got to live somewhere. If you are selling your home, you are likely buying a home as well. Consider the closing fees associated with both buying and selling a home in Scottsdale and the down-payment required on the new home. Also, plan ahead for moving costs, such as truck rentals and/or professional movers. Furnishing and decorating a new house always costs more than expected. Be realistic when setting your budget.
In fact, selling and/or buying a home in general usually costs more than expected. Before listing your home to sell, you should have enough money saved to cover everything, plus a cushion for unexpected costs.
Prepare Your Home to Sell
When planning the budget and preparing your finances, you should also take into consideration the amount of money and time it will take to get your home ready to sell. You probably already know what this will consist of. You’ve likely lived in the home for a while and you’re fully aware of any eyesores and maintenance issues that need tending. This is the time to take care of them.
A little bit of an investment can go a long way when selling a home in Scottsdale. If necessary pay a professional cleaning service to come in and give the home a deep cleaning. To quote HGTV, “Take the home out of your house.” You should declutter every single room, even the closets and even if it means temporarily renting a storage unit.
Don’t forget about those pesky little problems that normally go unseen, such as poor insulation, leaky faucet, or faulty electrical connections. Believe it or not, these things will spotted quickly when the home is inspected. You will save time and money if you take care of all necessary repairs before putting your home on the market.
Research Prices and Trends
Don’t get too eager and throw your house on some listing website without taking the time to research comparable home prices and local buying trends.
A home price should be determined with these things in mind:
The best way to sell your home fast is to get the word out. Make sure that everyone knows that your home is for sell. Tell your neighbors, friends, and family to help you spread the word.
While it is a good idea to place an advertisement on listing websites, such as Zillow, you should be very careful when showing the home to a stranger. Never show the home alone and follow your instincts if you feel uncomfortable showing the home to a potential buyer.
Get Help with Selling a Home in Scottsdale, Arizona
Out of every tip mentioned in this article, this is the best advice we can give you. A realtor with experience and connections in the Scottsdale area can not only help you sell your home fast, but can also take the guesswork and the stress out of the entire process.
Our team of Scottsdale realtors at TK Luxury Group will answer any question that you may have, walk you through every step, and develop the best approach for selling your home in Scottsdale as quickly and as easily as possible.